Thinking about moving your family? At BrokerSmart, we are family focused in the city of Langley and are very aware of what it takes to sell and buy a home. From mortgages to movers, there is a lot to consider when buying which can be very overwhelming for people with kids. These home-buyers need to think about what is in the area, like schools, day-cares, libraries, parks, recreation, and if their desired location is family friendly.
The following are just a few tips to keep in mind when moving your family:
- To create excitement about a move, include your kids in the home buying process by having them look at listings for homes and ask them to make a wish list of must-haves for the new home and neighbourhood.
- Visit local parks and recreation centres in your new area to give kids an opportunity to meet new friends.
- Stick to a normal routine as much as possible on days leading up to and following the move.
- Unpack the kids’ rooms first.
- Talk to the kids about their feelings on the move and help them collect email addresses/phone numbers from friends in their old neighbourhood so they can stay in touch.
- Take lots of photos of your old house and neighbourhood and plan a goodbye party with all of your old friends.
BrokerSmart’s collective service are here to help, just give us a call!