http://brokersmart.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cropped-Broker3_300dpi_rgb-300x74.jpg 0 0 brokersmart http://brokersmart.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cropped-Broker3_300dpi_rgb-300x74.jpg brokersmart2012-11-22 22:47:472012-11-22 22:47:47Tips for moving your family
Tips for moving your family
Thinking about moving your family? At BrokerSmart, we are family focused in the city of Langley and are very aware of what it takes to sell and buy a home. From mortgages to movers, there is a lot to consider when buying which can be very overwhelming for people with kids. These home-buyers need to think about what is in the area, like schools, day-cares, libraries, parks, recreation, and if their desired location is family friendly.
The following are just a few tips to keep in mind when moving your family:
- To create excitement about a move, include your kids in the home buying process by having them look at listings for homes and ask them to make a wish list of must-haves for the new home and neighbourhood.
- Visit local parks and recreation centres in your new area to give kids an opportunity to meet new friends.
- Stick to a normal routine as much as possible on days leading up to and following the move.
- Unpack the kids’ rooms first.
- Talk to the kids about their feelings on the move and help them collect email addresses/phone numbers from friends in their old neighbourhood so they can stay in touch.
- Take lots of photos of your old house and neighbourhood and plan a goodbye party with all of your old friends.
BrokerSmart’s collective service are here to help, just give us a call!