Ending off 2013, the Greater Vancouver market saw modest home sale and price increases with an overall steadiness throughout the entire year. The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) have released their December Statistics Report, including a summary of the market behaviour for 2013.
Key Stats of 2013:
- Total Sales: 28,524 of detached, attached and apartment properties, a 14% increase from 2012
- Total Listed Properties for Sale: 54,742, a 6.2% decline from 2012
- Benchmark Price: $603,400, a 2.1% increase from 2012
Sandra Wyant, REBGV Presidents states, “Home sales quietly improved last year compared to 2012, although the volume of activity didn’t compare to some of the record-breaking years we experienced over the last decade. It was a year of stability for the Greater Vancouver housing market.”
Key States of December:
- Total Property Sales: 1,953, an increase of 71% from December 2012
- New Listings: 1,856, a 34.5% increase from December 2012 for detached, attached and apartment properties
- Detached Homes Benchmark Price: $927,000, an increase of 2.5% from December 2012
- Apartment Property Benchmark Price: $367,800, an increase of 1.8% from December 2012
- Attached Unit Benchmark Price: $456,100, an increase of 1.2% from December 2012
*All statistics are from the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®)
To view the full report for the REBGV December Statistics, click here.
To download the complete stats package (PDF), click here.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please give us a call at 604-588-4466 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org