The Fraser Valley housing market is characterized as quiet with balanced conditions throughout 2013. The Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) have released their December Statistics Report along with a summary of the activity throughout the entire year.
Key Stats of 2013:
- Total Sales Volume: 13,663 a decrease of 1.5% from 2012
- Listed Properties: 29,338, a 5.4% decrease compared to 2012
- Active Listings: 7,541 a 5% increase from 2012
Ron Todson, President of the FVREB states,”It wasn’t the best of years, nor was it the worst. Generally speaking, 2013 overall was quiet. earlier in the year, we didn’t see significant price declines because our inventory also remained lower. When both buyers and sellers take a breather it has a balancing effect on the market where neither has the upper hand.”
Key Stats of December:
- Detached Home Benchmark Price: $549,000 , a 1.9% increase compared to December 2012
- Townhouse Benchmark Price: $293,000, 1% decrease from December 2012
- Apartment Benchmark Price: $192,600, a decrease of 3.7% from December 2012
*All statistics are from the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®)
To view the full FVREB December Statistics report, click here.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please give us a call at 604-588-4466 or email us at email@example.com