The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) have released the January statistics for the housing market. Currently the market is seeing steady trends as it starts the new year.
Key Stats from the Report:
- Total Residential Property Sales: 1,760, a 9.9% decrease from December 2013
- Total New Listings: 5,345 for detached, attached and apartment properties, a 4.2% increase from January 2013
- Benchmark Price: $606,800, a 3.2% increase compared to January 2013
- Detached Properties: sales reached 728, a 34.3% increase from January 2013, benchmark price is $929,700, a 3,2% increase from January 2013
- Apartment Properties: sales reached 753, an increase of 30.7% compared to January 2013, benchmark price is $371,500, an increase of 3.7% compared to January 2013
- Attached Properties: sales reached 279, an increase of 19.7% from January 2013, benchmark price is $457,500, an increase of 1.7% from January 2013
The President of the REBGV, Sandra Wyatt says, “The Greater Vancouver housing market has been in a balanced market for nearly a year. This has meant steady home sale and listing activity accompanied by stable home prices. If you’re looking to sell your home in a balanced market, it’s critical that your list price is reflective of current market conditions.”
*All statistics are from the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®)
To view the full REBGV January Statistics report, click here.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please give us a call at 604-588-4466 or email us at email@example.com