http://brokersmart.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cropped-Broker3_300dpi_rgb-300x74.jpg 0 0 brokersmart http://brokersmart.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cropped-Broker3_300dpi_rgb-300x74.jpg brokersmart2014-02-03 08:00:472014-07-25 21:26:08Helping Your Kids Handle the Move
Helping Your Kids Handle the Move
You Move Me Co. is a full service local moving company out here in the Lower Mainland. They have a list of 6 tips to helping your kids handle the move. Even though it is an exciting time, it can be a stressful time and change can be difficult.
- Visit your new home and your new neighbourhood – make sure to visit those kid-friendly spots too (playgrounds, parks, etc.). This will help get the kids excited to live in a new area.
- Explain to the kids that their stuff is just being stored until you get to your new home – it’s not getting thrown out!
- Keep some old furniture, for example, your children’s bed furniture to keep something familiar in your new home. This will definitely help to ease the transition.
- Keep the kids occupied on moving day by having a friend or relative look after them.
- Ensure your kids get a chance to say goodbye to their treasured places and favourite people in the old neighbourhood.
- Let your kids be the tour guides when guest come to visit your new home.
To see the full post about helping your kids handle the move, click here.