The Greater Vancouver housing market activity continues to be steady as we enter the spring season. The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV) have released their March Statistics Report.
- Residential Property Sales Totaled: 2,641, a 12.5% increase from March 2013 and a 4.4% increase compared to February 2014
- New Listings Totaled: 5,281, an increase of 12.4% from February 2014
- Current Listings Totaled: 14,472, a decline of 6.4% compared to March 2013
- Benchmark Price for all Properties: $615, 200, a 3.7% increase compared to March 2013
- Sales Totaled: 1,116, a 19.6% increase from March 2013
- Benchmark Price: $945, 400, a 4.23% increase from March 2013
- Sales Totaled: 1,106, an increase of 12.6% compared to March 2013
- Benchmark Price: $375,800, a 3.8% increase compared to March 2013
- Sales Totaled: 419, a 3% decline from March 2013
- Benchmark Price: $460,100, an increase of 1.3% compared to March 2013
Ray Harris, REBGV president says, “There has been a consistent balance between home seller supply and home buyer demand in our marketplace over the last year.”
“Home prices in the region have experienced incremental gains in most areas and property types over the last 12 months,” Harris said. “It’s important to remember that this is a diverse marketplace and trends will vary depending on area and property type.”
Below is the YouTube video of the March 2014 housing market update:
To see the full REBGV March Statistics Report, click here.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please give us a call at 604-588-4466 or email us at email@example.com