The Greater Vancouver housing market is currently seeing an increase in buyer demand as prices of homes continue to be on the rise. The Real Estate Board of Vancouver (REBGV) have released their June Statistics.
- Total Sales: 3,406 – an increase of 28.9% compared to June 2013
- Sales-to-Active Ratio: 21.3% – this measurement is the highest it has been since June 2011
- New Listings: 5,339 – an increase of 9.5% compared to June 2013 and a decline of 10.1% compared to May 2014
- Total Properties Listed for Sale: 16,011 – a decline of 7.4% compared to June 2013
- All Residential Properties: $628,000 – an increase of 4.4% compared to June 2013
- Detached Properties: $976,700 – an increase of 6.2% compared to June 2013
- Apartment Properties: $378,000 – an increase of 2.4% compared to June 2013
- Attached Properties: $471,200 – an increase of 3.1% compared to June 2013
Ray Harris, President of REBGV, states, “Over the last three years, we’ve seen changes in demand yet home prices at the regional level have maintained relative stability. While these numbers provide high level trends, it’s important to know that changes in prices always vary depending on neighbourhood and property type. Consult your local REALTOR® for information on trends in your area of choice.”
“Competition amongst home buyers today is as strong as it’s been in the region since 2011,” Harris said.
To view the full REBGV June Statisitics report, click here.
If you have any questions regarding the above or are in need of trend information in your area of choice, please give us a call at 604-588-4466 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org